I had a really hard week, this week. It was long, trying and exhausting. Steve had work consuming him Monday through Thursday. Although Sydney had a great week developmentally, she started laughing and interacting a lot more, it meant less naps and therefore; less time for me to go running and just have some ME time. I will never complain about a hard week because the truth is that I have way too much to be thankful for to ever complain. I have a wonderful husband and father for my children, and 3 beautiful children. I have my health and most importantly I have time... time, to spend with all of these wonderful people in my life.... and I am not just talking about Steve and the kids, I am talking about my friends I have met here in Seattle... Erika, Jamie, Erin, Megan, the McClenahan's and Missy. The girls who give me a lot to look forward to on a Monday when I know I will see them sometime that week hopefully. I love knowing my kids are bonding with theirs and they will be friendships that hopefully last a lifetime. I am also thankful for my friends in Nashville that I don't see at all but talk to often and miss, like Brody, Kristen, and Lana. And I am forever thankful for my sister, my best friend and my incredible family... my parents, Nana Lass, brothers and sister-in-laws, nephews, nieces and of course, Aunt Mary Ann and Jennifer. God I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Life is too short to not tell these people in your life how much they mean to you.
You will not catch me writing about stuff like this often, even though I think about it constantly through out the day. It is what drives to me to have patience everyday when I want to scream along with my kids when they are having a tantrum. Sometimes, like today, I want to curl up in a little ball and hide while this magic fairy comes to my house, cooks a wonderful meal for husband and kids, cleans my house and puts my children to sleep. When I am feeling like this, I think back to a year ago and longer than that, when I lost 2 very special people in my life and I THANK GOD that I am here dealing with tiny tiny problems like exhaustion, lack of patience, lack of ME time and I remind myself that I am living a dream and I thank GOD for the time he has given me with every single person in my life, especially my other half.
Happy 10th Anniversary, Steve. Not only do I love the dream camera that you gave me today but I love it for the hundreds of thousands of pictures I am going to take of our amazing children growing up together and I look forward to many family and "alone" trips we are going to go on together and for the everyday life we have left to experience together. I can only wish, hope and pray the next 50+ years of our life will be this fantastic. God, that makes us old but I don't even care because everyday is a gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment