These kiddos of ours are lucky to have to have all that they do and sometimes as parents we get worried that they are not thankful enough or that they take their good fortune for granted. Last year I spent some good time with Luke having him deliver gifts with me hoping that he would experience the joy of giving. I don't really think he got a lot out of it at the time but maybe he did...
Both Luke and Ava have these enormous lists for Santa this year but they have spent a lot of time the past week wanting to give too. Luke creates presents out of construction paper and secures each package with a rubberband. They found my stash of wrapping paper and started wrapping books up and delivering special presents for me and each other. Luke especially, is loving to give. This is one of those proud and reassuring moments I am having as a Mom that I am raising my children the right way. Yes there is paper and open markers all over my house but I don't even care because they are getting so much out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment