Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Little Tidbits of Ava, the pedicure and the new house....

My sweet devious girl Ava.  She considers herself to be a big girl these days and she is most of the time.  The other times, she is being devious.... sweet and devious.  The other day when she was helping me pick up toys, she disappeared.  When I went to go put away the blankets in the corner of the room, I found her hiding behind the couch with a mouth full of marshmallows.   That is not the first time I have caught her sneaking sweets.  She got into Luke's party favors that I had put up the week before his birthday party, and she was sneaking Easter candy after we told her no more. 

I have been trying to potty train her for 6 months.  She wears underwear everyday because she is obsessed with that and all things fashionable.  Sometimes I think she just pees in her pants so she can put on a new outfit.  I am not kidding when I say that on a given day she wears at least 3 outfits.  The result.... a lot of extra laundry.  Tonight after I put her to bed, I was cleaning up and putting things away in the linen closet by her bedroom.  What did I see there all scrunched up in the bottom of it?  Her dirty underwear she had soiled and was too scared to tell me about so she just stashed it in there.  I have found it under the bed, hiding behind boxes in her closet, behind the dresser.... the list goes on.

Right now Ava is definitely our most obedient, laid back, and easy kiddo but they all have a streak of naughtiness in them and this just happens to be hers for the moment.  I hope I will not be sitting here blogging (kudos to me if I keep it up for that long) in 10 or 15 years talking about how I caught her sneaking out of the house or doing teenage naughty things.  I better nip this sneakiness in the bud
now!!

We had so much fun... her and I, at her first pedicure the other day.  She was so excited to be there with me.  The first thing we did as we walked in was my shellac nail manicure.  She sat there ever so patiently (for 45 minutes) in the chair next to me eating her beloved "Veggie Chips."  She was shy to all of the girls in the salon and sat there quietly telling me how much she loved me the whole time, it was so sweet.  Then we sat in the massage chairs for our pedicure.  She chose green for the background color and orange for the flowers that would be painted on her toes. She looked over me as she was getting her tiny feet and legs massaged and said "Mama, thank you so much."  I felt so proud that she was so thankful for the experience.  Earlier that day, Daddy had promised Luke a new Lego and took he and Ava to Target to pick it up.  We had told Ava that she can pick out a toy or she could get a pedicure.  I was scared she might cave when she saw all the cool toys in Target but she didn't, she held firm and really wanted that pedi! 

Today, we went to drive by the house to see if they had poured the concrete.  Daddy finished work early and was hanging out with Luke and Ava wanted to go with me while Sydney was napping.  We drove to the site and the workers were just finishing up.  They said the concrete would be dry on Friday and the next steps would start after that.  Next is they lay all of the various tubing for plumbing, electricity, etc. and then they start building the floor and the walls.  Ava and I had our rain boots on and walked as far as we could.  I pointed out all of the different areas to her... the garage, the front door, etc.  Then we went in the other 2 unfinished homes to look and see where they were at with those.  As slow as the whole process has been to this point, I am amazed with how interested a 3 1/2 (and 5 yr old) can be when it comes to looking at the progress.  Anyways, here are some snapshots of the work they did today and my sweet Avabee, my buddy!


Showing off her pedicure and manicure!



The view from our soon-to-be neighbor's house, so the side view of our home....


Our backyard.....




Ava being silly in the neighbor yard in her new Hello Kitty rain boots.




No comments:

Post a Comment