I went through a few hard weeks with the kids where they were misbehaving and not getting a long as well as usual. Maybe just a product of their schedule changing so much because of the summer. When you have 3 kiddos so close in age, it is so hard for them to get alone time and/or quiet time. I am happy to say those naughty days are gone and I have my sweet babies and my patience back. Sometimes I wonder if their naughtiness is just a product of me being impatient and not spending as much quality play time with them... like getting on the floor and really playing with them.
Anyhow, my sweet babies were sleeping so sweetly last night and I felt compelled to take out my camera and shoot some photos of them while they are sleeping so peacefully. These days, Sydney is our bed at bedtime and through the night. We are upgrading her bed in a month or two to a full bed and then I will put in the hard Mommy hours of getting her back in her bedroom. Ava sleeps in her bed every night no problem. She is usually so wound up and the last to actually fall asleep and wake up in the morning. Luke still loves to come in our bed in the middle of the night. Despite him telling us he is not scared of the pirate and scary shows he loves to watch. We can usually bribe him to stay in bed but sometimes that doesn't work. After watching his first PG13 movie today, Pirates of the Caribbean, he of course was too scared to go to sleep in his own room.... even thought he assured me that wasn't the case. He ended up climbing in bed with Ava. Came down a few minutes later and said, "Ava was being mean." I told him to go into his own room and when I went upstairs 30 minutes later, he was snuggled up next to Sydney, fast asleep in our bedroom.



No comments:
Post a Comment