Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Big first grader…

Luke got his pictures back yesterday… I love them!  We had his eye pea school conference yesterday where we met with his teachers and his therapist.  I am very pleased with the progress that he has made this year. He is excelling in math as he was one of the only two kids in class to get 100% on his test.  They also noticed what a great memory Luke has!  He has branched out and made a really good new friend named Jack.  We are really trying to work hard on his fine motor skills in writing and trying to help him read. He is dyslexic so it is a headache for him to look at words and try to read.  

Unfortunately, his HSP condition has flared up again.  I write this as we are heading to the doctor for our weekly appointment to have his kidneys and blood pressure checked.  He had about 25 to 30 hives on his legs and bottom last night that were itchy red and swollen. He also gets bad stomach aches mainly at night.  I am allowed to give him Tylenol for the pain and Benadryl helped the swelling last night.  I kept him home from school today because it hurts when he sits on his bottom. He was doing pretty good up until about 30 minutes ago his feet began to swell again just like the initial onset of the disease.  Please pray that this crazy disease goes away and does not come back for my board little guy. Sitting on the couch with your feet up is not an ideal way to spend your day when you're six years old.  Thank goodness for the iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment