A day and a half before she passed into peace, I saw the most the most beautiful rainbow circling around the moon and I knew that was God's promise to me of peace. I wept and asked everyone come and look at it.
It's hard to photograph the moon but you can see it. It was way more brilliant that night of the 6th. 6 months previously, Ava, Syd and I had witnessed a rainbow circled around the sun on the day that my Uncle Bob passed. Two weeks and 1 day later we saw another rainbow around the sun and that was the last day I saw our beloved cat PJ, that Steve and I adopted as a kitten in 1999. We miss you PJ. He was so warm and loving that day, a disposition I had not seen from him in years. I knew he was saying goodbye.
Thank you God for your signs that help give me peace and know your presence more than ever in our physical lives. I know my grandma always wanted to come out to Seattle but never felt comfortable enough to make that big trip. I do know that she will be be so happy to be joining us for Ava's big shindig on Saturday in spirit. I told Ava that and I knew she understood, the look on her sweet face said it all.
I will miss you my sweet, nurturing, warm, independent, strong, methodical, patient, poised, and eternally beautiful Nana Betty! I am so fortunate to have had you in my life for so long and that my children knew you in person and not just from my stories.





No comments:
Post a Comment