A few weeks ago as I lay in bed with Luke at night. This is the time that we talk about everything for a good 30 minutes to an hour every night just one on one. He said, "Mr. Walter's was talking about math, and I think that "adding" looks like a cross that Jesus had and you can add any number... It all works. But multiplying looks like an "x" and it does things like skip counting.... And that is not good." I think I paused in awe at his ability to think so deeply.
Yesterday, We all went to our school district "Great Pumpkin Race." Ava, for some reason has always been so scared to compete and we reassured her that she will do well and of course all we care about is her trying her best. So this was a big deal for her! We were all so ecstatic when she placed 5th in the race of about 50 girls especially when she said if she would of used the bathroom before she ran, she could of run faster. Of course I was so proud that she finished
5th! But My heart warmed when I saw Luke's excitement as he saw his sister round the corner and finish so close to first! He was Soooooooo happy for her and then he said "I prayed for this to happen.. I prayed for Ava to win a pumpkin!" And then Ava was so cute and humble when she won! I told her that her buddy Ben from school was running and she wanted to go meet him after the race and give him her candy she had won and tell him what a great job he did! Just all on her own!
Then Luke ran and did so well! Such a hard worker and he ran so fast! Tonight He said to me out of nowhere that he doesn't understand why his mind reads so much faster and better than when he reads out loud. How insightful! To be able to know yourself and articulate like that at the age of 8 just astonishes me. Yea, Luke may have to spend more time practicing and learning than other 8 year old boys but he knows himself so well and is so loved by all the kids in his class that he will have no problems with his social emotional skills when he is an adult. I reassure him all the time that he doesn't have to make the best grades in school to have a happy life! He just needs to continue to work well with others, try his best and focus on what he enjoys and is good at... That will ensure he is successful and happy in life! It's about balance!
Lastly, Sydney is officially walking everywhere! No more "mommy, carry me." Just incredible... For me and my back!
No comments:
Post a Comment