Tonight, Luke and I pulled out the old printed blog book from 2010-2012. The last few years the books have served as more as a photo album than a collection of blog entries to read over. But now since the kids are reading so much these days, it is all about the words. The pictures are of course great too... to help lock in the memories.
I kept reading and reading with Luke tonight with all of the detailed memories. It was such a great reminder to me to get back to writing about all of the small moments which of course end up being such big moments. I had no idea until I looked back, how all of the little things they muttered as toddlers ended up being such great precursors of how their characters are even now... at the ages of almost, 9, 7 and 5 1/2.
Luke is still Goofy, quirky and funny as ever. His latest "tic" of buzzing is hilarious. He is so comfortable in his own skin talking and laughing about his oddities. I couldn't be any more proud of him as I am today! He is excelling at school, making so many friends and loves his teacher, Mr. Walters! His relationship with Ava is just as strong as it was years ago and they are best buddies! They play minecraft together all the time. He is the master of all video games and does so well at Parkour. He never seizes to amaze me and definitely delivers the unexpected from time to time. Luke is a little psychologist in the making as he likes to observe the way people react to situations and philosophize about it with me. Maybe I groomed him this way, but he definitely "gets" human behavior more than the next kid!
Ava is as feminine as ever. Happy to be with family and siblings. She can keep herself busy always and loves to help out whoever needs a hand with anything, whether it be cleaning up, spelling words, and showing Sydney how to do something. She loves to play her dress games on the kindle, loves Taylor Swift, unicorns and the color purple. She is scared of natural disaster... especially the wind... but we are working through this with hypnotherapy and cranial sacral. She respects animals and nature and sees "God's Grace" in all things. She is maybe the most gentle person I know. Everyone feels this and you can tell why everyone flocks to her.
Oh,my darling Sydney. Still holding on to the title "baby" of the family. She make life interesting for us all. She has th strongest will of all and hates to admit she may of made a mistake even though she knows, most things don't make me mad. To her, it's not about my reaction, it's all about her own reaction to whatever she thinks she did wrong. Anyway... she will beat herself up enough for the both of us. She hates to admit her love her love for her little boy friends and movie stars "Mr. Kit from Cinderella." She still climbs in bed every night to snuggle with me and won't wake up till her body has enough snugs in the morning. The pretend worlds she plays in where she socializes with imaginary people, sharing pretend drinks, treats, laughs, attitude is so entertaining to watch. We have captured this on video without her knowing of course. She is still obsessed with shoes and still has trouble being comfortable in them... but loves to obsess about them. Socks can be work but they have to be the right pair from target. She won't wear any others. She loves gymnastics, as does Ava. She loves to dance... and to watch big Girl music videos with her sister. SHE LOVES her sister and is so proud of her! Loves her brother when he is not teasing her! She is an easy target.
I love my children, my Stevo and my amazing life! I love how they can be such helpers these days whether it is Sydney helping me aerate the lawn, Ava helping me with chores, or Luke stepping up to be independent and set a good example for his sisters. They still love to snuggle, prefer to play at our house, and have so much gratitude for their family and their lives. I am so PROUD! I love where we are in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment