Friday, January 28, 2011

Siblings


I love watching the kids interact together. I have watched Luke and Ava's relationship mature to what it is now. They love to play together... maybe Luke a little more than Ava. I think that it is amazing that she can play "with" him at the age of 2. Usually it is more about independent play at that age. When they both want to play something together like their Little People Zoo or barn, they play so nicely. And then there are times when Luke runs his "Bat-Bot" all over Ava's Little People party she has going on and she gets so mad at him.... "No Luke" she says, sometimes pushing him. I just sit there and chuckle to myself. I don't like to interfere if I don't have to. I want to teach them to learn how to read and respect each others feelings. Sometimes I think I am crazy for believing a 2 or 3 year old can do something so mature but someday they WILL get it. Now that Sydney is getting older and grasping toys, it is interesting to see hoe Luke and Ava handle it, especially if she is holding onto one of their toys. Luke is very protective of her and cares mostly about not giving her something she shouldn't have... like a magnet. He knows everything goes right in her mouth and he talks to her like she understands him... I love it. Ava typically mothers Sydney and does like to bring her toys to play with but she still likes to claim her own things 50% of the time. I am proud of how loving and gentle they both are with their little sister and I can't wait to see their relationships continue to evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment