Thursday, April 14, 2011
The soft side of Ava...
Right now, I can't stand the rain! I am ready for warmer than 50 degree temps and SUN! This is the hardest time of the year in the PacNW for me... the Spring. Everywhere else it is getting warm and here it is not. It will not be warm for a couple months. So anyway, I am hating the rain and my sweet little Ava made me enjoy it today. She is having a hard time napping these days since she is outgrowing it. About an hour or so after I put her down today I heard her yelling in her room. I went up and she said, "Mommy." I love the way she says "Mommy." With all the excitement in her voice, I really do feel like I am the only person in her world... and such an important person to her... I love this. All of this wonderful feeling by her just saying my name... it's the WAY she says it that makes it feel this way. Anyway, I pick her up out of the crib and she just gives me this huge bearhug. I sit down on her tiny purple polkadot chair and just hold her and hug her, listening to the rain. She did not want me to let her go and I didn't want to either. I love these moments in the day, when there is just quiet and I can live purely in the present appreciating what I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment