Atlantis was incredibly large! We did not even see many of the places we could of. We stayed at the Royal Towers which was the center of the resort and the best place for kids. The architecture was gorgeous and the amenities were endless. We basically had a pass to use the enormous water park everyday. Our favorite thing to do besides hang out at the beach was go on the Rapid River. It was the adult form of a lazy river with lots of rapids and big waves pushing us through. They had a lazy river too for toddlers that we did once. When Sydney would take her daily nap with Nana in the room, Steve and I would take Luke and Ava to it. Steve and Luke capsized on the same curvy part and ultimately Luke got too scared to go back. We would ride on these big double O floats and it would take about 20 minutes to get through the "river." I was proud of Luke and Ava for going on it, they were the youngest kids I saw on there. After the first day we went on it, Luke kept saying he wanted to go on the bunnies again. Nana, Steve and I had no idea what he was talking about. So, I thought to myself (as I often do when I need to figure out how the kids came up with something I can't understand) what is another name for bunnies.... Rabbits. Rabbits sounds like Rapids. Rapid river is what we did that day!!! We laughed and laughed. My funny Bubs!
The architecture was beautiful. I photographed it as much as possible but did not even get to many of the places I wanted to.
This was the view from our room. Royal Tower West, 9th floor.
Close up of the outside "open air" aquarium. The only one in the world, apparently.
One of the many huge water slides for big kids and adults...
The Marina at night. The nicest yachts we have ever seen!
View from our room at night of the East side of the Tower...
The connecting room of the Royal Tower.... $25k a night!
The "Rapid River"
The Lobby of the Royal Tower...
Last but not least, our favorite drink and food place. Right by the The Cove beach...
No comments:
Post a Comment