Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ava's Cake Pops

I am finally back to blogging.  My A/C adapter died and we have been living in a whirlwind as we packed up everything and moved to a hotel for a few weeks.  Living at our hotel has been the simple life and we are all really enjoying it.  I don't have a house to clean so I have been spending some quality time with the kids playing games they received from Santa for Chrismas and playing with new toys.

Back to my post, Before we moved out, the kids and I made cake pops for Ava's birthday.  They were a little hard to make as they wanted to fall apart when we dipped them in chocolate but I ended up finding a work around.  I used a knife to spread the melted chocolate on them.  They were red velvet cake mashed with cream cheese icing and they had a special vanilla chocolate coating on them with sparkles that Ava picked out.  Ava's birthday was the same day as her Christmas Sing a long.  The kids all enjoyed the cake pops before.  I think we will be making these instead of cupcakes for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment