When we got home, we watched Caillou and Dora and ate grilled cheese sandwiches with grapes. Ava fed Sydney her pear puree for the first time. She did so good, she even held the little container of it. She insisted that I let her feed the whole thing by herself. She always says "I do it." to me because she wants to do EVERYTHING on her own. All the power to her, I love it! Evelyn and Missy came over for a bit and we visited while the kiddos played. Luke and I played Super Mario on the Wii together, while the girls napped. Sydney is pretty much down to 2 naps a day.
It was a fun day with nothing big on the schedule... those are my favorite days. I love watching Ava and Luke play together. Ava makes all of these voices for the Little People animals that crack me up. She can play with all of that stuff for a long time. Until Luke comes in with the bat robot and harasses her Little People village. Before we knew it, Daddy got home, we ate a couple bites of dinner, played, took a bath, did our nightly puzzles... tonight it was Dora. And the kiddos went to bed. Goodnight :)Thursday, February 3, 2011
A day in the life...
We had so much fun today. We woke up, ate muffins, cereal and fruit. Luke slept in his own bed all night with the help of a little bribery. Then when Baby Sydney went own for her morning snooze, we finger painted. It was so messy and fun and completely washable, thank goodness. We all made some masterpieces. After we painted, we went outside. It has been nice all week so we have been walking down to the field, setting up cones and kicking the soccer ball to knock them down. Luke loves it! Ava just kicks down the cones with her foot. Sydney just sits in the stroller and watches us, she is very entertained. I love how big the kids are getting and that we can finally go outside and play little games like this. I feel like I have been waiting a long time for this to happen. Before I know it, Sydney will be outside running with us. It amazes me what an advantage the 2nd and 3rd born kids have by watching and learning from their older sibling. Ava has learned so much from Luke and I just see Sydney watching it all, soaking it in. I love it. After our little soccer match, we walked and got the mail. We had 2 exciting packages in the mailbox. I had a book made of the kid's totsite and it was so rewarding to watch Luke be in awe of it. He kept thanking me for it. The best part is that he doesn't even know everything in there. All he sees is the pictures and he loves them but he does not know what all of the writing is yet. To me that is the best part. All of the journals I wrote 2-4 times a month for 3 years and all of the comments from loved ones... all of their firsts recorded. It was so much fun for me to look back on some of that stuff and it was just a year or two ago that I wrote it. How quickly we forget the little moments that were such BIG moments at the time.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment