Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sydney's baptism preparation

I went to a baptism class with Sydney on Sunday for 4 hours. She really did amazing considering the fact that we were there for 4 hours. She took 2 naps in the ergo. She did great during the mass. Her baptism is next week and I am excited for it. The church is very welcoming for siblings to be a part of it so Luke and Ava are going to sit with us. Grammy and Pop Pop are going to be Sydney's godparents. Aunty Jen, Chase, Paige and Nana Lass are all going to be here to help us celebrate. I picked up a copy of this great poem at the class on Sunday, It is not the first time I read it.

A child who lives with criticism, learns to condemn.
A child who lives with hostility, learns to fight.
A child who lives with ridicule, learns to be shy.
A child who lives with shame, learns to feel guilty.
A child who lives with tolerance, learns to be patient.
A child who lives with encouragement, learns to have confidence.
A child who lives with praise, learns to appreciate.
A child who lives with fairness, learns justice.
A child who lives with security, learns to have faith.
A child who lives with approval, learns to like himself or herself.
A child who lives with acceptance and friendship, learns to find love in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment