Tuesday, October 25, 2011
More about Luke's First Day at Sorenson...
I couldn't be happier about the way today went with Luke at his new school. He is a boy of very few words when it comes to giving me details about his day but his actions speak louder than words. I can tell when something left a good impression on Luke when he comes home and recreates it. All day long he played "school" with Ava where he was the teacher and she was the student. He gave her the same snack he had today at school and they reenacted the same activities that he did while he was there. I know this because I got little love notes in his Steno notebook telling me about what they did today, what I should ask him about, etc. Complete with how well he cooperated and responded to everything they did. Tonight, right before bed he told me that he is so happy and he just kept repeating it. He couldn't find the words to tell me why but I have got to believe it has something to do with how his new school made him feel today. It's amazing what a little bit of confidence will do for someone no matter what age he or she is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment