We had a rough week, illness wise. Ava had a fever for about 5 days straight starting last Saturday. She wasn't getting much better so I took her and Sydney back to the doctor on Friday... we were there on Monday too. Sydney had a sleepless night, it seemed her cough was getting worse and she was very irritable. I could not put her down, she just wanted to be held and would through her body back and crash her head to floor if I left her. Turns out she has pneumonia, a ruptured ear drum and ear infection. Ava has an ear infection and her lungs sound junky but he did not diagnose her with pneumonia. The both of them were given antibiotics. Friday night was the hardest night I have ever had as a Mom. Sydney refused to sleep so I was up with her the WHOLE night besides a couple hours in the early morning. I was delirious and so was she. I took her back in yesterday morning and got some codeine for the pain. That seemed to do the trick... the Advil I was giving her every 6 hours just wasn't cutting it. Ava seems to be doing better so hopefully we can get back to our daily routine and actually leave the house this week. I hate it when my babies are sick. I feel so helpless.
No comments:
Post a Comment