Poor Syd broke her arm today when we were playing at Nadine's. I was just about to grab her so we could go pick up Luke at school. We heard her screaming and I walked into the room where she had fallen off the ladder up to the bunk bed. She was yelling about her arm. When the crating didn't stop, I knew it was not good. I brought my crying poor baby up to school to get Luke and we hopped in the car to get an X-ray. Turns out she has a buckle fracture on both bones in her forearm. She was so brave and did such a great job telling me how to hold her and where it hurt. There was no swelling or bruising at all! We are off to get a cast tomorrow morning!
She was so excited to show the neighborhood friends her broken bones. I am letting her enjoy the cute sling and the splint she has on it because I know it won't be too long she will be begging me to get her cast off!
Both Luke and Ava were so supportive and sweet all day. They both cried tears for her as she was in agony on the way to get the X-ray. We are so blessed that she did not fall on her head! I always tell the kids, fall anywhere but on your head if you can. You can fix and arm or a leg but the brain can not be fixed so easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment