Sometimes if we are lucky, Daddy and Luke join us. There is no way I could of convinced Luke to go out on a walk with me just a few months ago. As his interests broaden from what used to be such a narrowly focused world he chose to live in, he is really beginning to get quite more confident, relaxed and comfortable in his own skin. It is fun to watch all of that unfold!
I have faith that Sydney will in time feel more comfortable to explore the world outside the confines of her stroller soon. Lately she has been exploring playgrounds more and increasing her larger motor skills. Too bad she had the setback of her broken arm but I do believe that was a valuable lesson for her as well as Luke and Ava. It's human nature for children to think they are protected in some sort of bubble where bad things just happen to others. As her brain tries make sense of what happened so she does not create a dehabilitating fear of falling or heights, I let her retell the story in her own words as many times as she chooses. We focus on the outcome and how everything will be ok. Needless to say, she seems to be dealing with all of it rather well!
No comments:
Post a Comment