Monday, December 13, 2010

Ava's Birthday Bash!

Party favors... ornaments and the brightest most fun lollipops I could find.







What a great day we had... both Saturday and Sunday. Pop Pop flew in from St. Louis to be here for Ava's birthday and we had such a great time! He was such a great help to me in the kitchen and helped keep the kiddos occupied while I prepared for the party. I feel so thankful to have such great friends here in Seattle, I really can't say that enough. What used to be just a handful of kids a couple year ago has grown to over a dozen kids. It is so much fun to have that many kiddos at one time and watch them all interact. I love knowing that they are all growing up together and it does make me sad to know that we could move away from all of this in a year or so. It makes it hard to leave and sometimes I think it could be the reason we decide to stay here longer, if we do.
Sunday, Pop Pop picked up donuts for all of us and we enjoyed them while we watched Ava open the presents... and football was on in the background, it was fantasy football day. Luke was excited for Ava to open the presents and she let him open one up and help with all of the others. At night, I made a fillet Mignon roast and we sand happy birthday a few more times while Ava tried to blow out the candle in her pumpkin banana bread. It was nice to be able to play with her and all of her new toys. She got a Baby Boy Sam (just like her Stella doll) so now she has 2 babies. Luke picked that out of a pile of gifts to give her, from himself. She got her own baby ergo, a Maclaren stroller, a snuggle sack for Stella, a cookie serving tray, some dress up clothes and shoes, a jewelry box to decorate, Disney Princess crafts, Little Pony magnets, a big coloring book, markers, a big wheel, and the list goes on. It was a great weekend and I can't believe we are going to be opening MORE gifts for Christmas in another couple weeks. Happy Birthday Ava!

No comments:

Post a Comment