Sunday, December 12, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Ava Lynn

No photos on tonight's post, just words for my sweet baby girl, Ava on her 2nd Birthday. I have always been a person who really likes to celebrate birthdays because it is a celebration of life. I have always extended my own birthday to a whole week of celebration... Steve always used to make fun of me but now he does the same. We really only do it for each other, it is not like I go around telling everyone it is my birthday week... and it is kind of a joke, unless of course I am wanting a back massage from Steve... I really use it for that purpose. Anyway, I intend to make my children's birthdays extra special every year! Each are such a miracle and I truly believe that God chose these exact children for me.

It was 2 years ago today that I had Ava at 3:10am. It was an easy labor, almost identical to the birth of Luke, except she came quicker. The labor was easier than the pregnancy. She popped out in 3 contractions and was a lot smaller than I thought she felt in my belly. I thought she was going to be huge but she was 6lb 7oz. She has grown like a weed ever since and is so healthy. She is such a great eater... loves food that usually adults like only like sushi, hummus, hot pepper cheese, bell peppers, the list goes on. Ava is way more nuturing than I was as a child. I always loved stuffed animals but wasn't really a doll person. She loves her dolls, Baby Stella is her favorite! Baby Stella comes everywhere with us... everywhere... she will not leave the house without her. Because of this, she gets regular baths in the washing machine. During the 30 minute cycle, Ava sits on the dryer and insists I keep opening the washing machine lid to check on her. I can't wait to get the kind of washer that has a window on the front. Ava loves her binky... but not for too much longer, the binky fairy is going to come soon. I am not looking forward to this, she is such a great sleeper with it and I don't want that to end. She does this thing that I totally love... When she has lost her Stella, or lovey bunny, binky, or whatever... she starts to panic and looks for it calling out it's name. When she finds it she makes this nervous laugh of relief when she finds it. I know that isn't a big deal but it is a quirk and I love quirks... I love her laugh and her distinct little voice that I can not explain in words. Ava loves to color, do puzzles, play with her dress up dolls, care for her babies and pretty much imitate everything I do. She is a lovable kiddo and it doesn't take long for her to warm up and trust friends and relatives. She asks for hugs often and gives plenty of kisses. She loves to sing and her favorite characters are Dora and Hello Kitty. She knows what she wants but is easy going about it. The other day when we were shopping in Trader Joe's, she had her own little kid shopping cart while my cart was full because Sydney was in it. The carts there are just way too small. Anyway, I needed to put food in her cart because I didn't have enough room. The only thing she let me put in there were clif bars. She does love her bars, but I thought it was funny that she would not let me put her beloved grapes, yogurt, juice, etc. in there. Luckily, I had her binky in my pocket and I negotiated with her... if I gave her her binky, would she let me put my groceries in her cart.... she agreed to this. I try to only give her her binky for naps or bedtime. Ava has a few nicknames.... Avabee came around first, Chase nicknamed her VaVa and Luke of course calls her Sissy 99.9% of the time. She loves to sing and can almost say all of her ABC's. She can count to 3.

At her birthday party last night she sang Happy Birthday along with everyone else. She amazed me... I was scared she might get overwhelmed with all of the people there (about 30 or so) even though they are our closest friends, but she handled all of the attention so well. I actually missed her during the party becase I was cooking and doing party things and didn't get to spend a lot of time with her. I made up for that today. Her best friend is her brother and she has been nothing but sweet to her baby sister since she was born. I know this may change when Sydney starts taking all of her toys but she is so genuinely in love with her. I love to watch her nurture Sydney and Stella. I am so proud of the person she has become and I can not wait to continue to watch her grow and amaze me. Happy Birthday Baby Girl, Mommy loves you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment