Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear Luke...

Today, after Luke's party, I was upstairs folding the laundry while Luke, Ava and Sydney were all playing downstairs. I love how all of their little voices fill the air and above all, I love how much fun life is with them in our lives. It all came about 4 years today.... our Bubby Bear was born. What an amazing jouney the last 4 years has been for us and him. This has been a BIG year for Luke. His speech improved vastly, his passion moved from Thomas the Train to Superheroes, he started school, he found other "friends" besides just "B," although B is still always the first stuffed animal accounted for at night. He started pretend playing and "acting out" toys with Ava, he started making jokes, funny faces and voices. He started drawing actual things instead of just scribbles. He was POTTY TRAINED!!! He started playing video games with Daddy and mastered the art of putting a puzzle together. He stopped drinking his beloved "cocoa" daily and only has it once in a while. He started collecting toys, like legos minifigures. He fully grasped all holidays and started counting down the days till his birthday, at least 3 months ago. He learned to say Please and thank you without being prompted. He stopped taking naps. If I could chose one word to describe Luke's character, it is "passionate." He is passionate about his special toys, his family, his friends... And he calls all of these special people and things "his best." He is sweet natured and his teacher's at school call him a "thinker." He really does not have a mean bone in his body. I feel blessed to have him in my life and have him as the first born so his sweetness and lovability can pave the way for his Sissy's. He is not shy about telling us all how much he loves us and I am not kidding when I say that he tells us "out of the blue" that he loves us many times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment