Steve and I have been wanting to start going to church more regularly. We decided to take the kids on Sunday. Ava is definitely not a good age for it. The second we got there she started asking for a lollipop because the last time we were there on Sydney's Baptism day, Grammy had given her a lollipop. She immediately made the connection that church means lollipop and Mommy had not packed a lollipop for her. 2 years old's have no "inside" voice, no matter how much you try to prepare them to talk quietly, they remember for literally 2 seconds and then are loud again. We tried our best to tame her but it was not working. I removed her from church and we even checked out the nursery. When she seemed to be content I thought I would just walk away but the lady in there made me feel horrible about sneaking out. She said I needed to make sure she was ok with it first. Are you kidding me lady?? No 2 year old I know will ever say, Yes, it is ok for Mommy to leave the room, no matter how happy they are playing with toys. So I stayed in there for about 20 minutes and then decided to leave with Ava and try Mass again. Unfortunately this mass was lasting well over an hour and I missed the gospel and homily, the 2 parts of mass I really to see. Sydney and Luke were angels through out the whole Mass. I would like to say we would go back soon, and we probably will for Easter but I don't know how much of that I can take again with little miss Ava. I guess I can try the Nursery again for her and maybe if I am lucky, the lady can let me go to Mass. Stay tuned for how it goes next time :)
Oh gosh, and I forgot the best part. During a quiet time of mass, right when we had walked back in, she looked at my chest and started yelling "Mommy's boobies" a couple of times. Hilarious, I looked at Steve, embarassed and the look on his face said it all. You just got to laugh!
For awhile I was the kid who had to have coloring books and dolls. The nursery is always a good resort until you have someone telling you how to be a mom! How rude!! When I helped in my nursery sneaking out was code. We encouraged it! Every Sunday there were kids asking, "Where's Mom?", "When is Mommy coming back?" we would always say "....Soon! She is on her way!" ;) Not really kid she just left.
ReplyDelete