and I just realized that I did not get a family photo of all of us :(
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Luke's Birthday Celebration
Luke's dinner of choice for his Birthday was "SushiZone." We ate there on Saturday night and came home and sang the first round of "Happy Birthday" with a candle on a coconut cupcake (no icing before bed:)) We had our closest friends over for his birthday... kept it small, and not overwhelming for Luke. The theme of his birthday was "Batman" of course and he wore his costume while Ava wore her new "Batgirl" costume over her favorite pink dress. I spent what little free time I did have making him a special batman cake from scratch. Thank goodness it turned out! It was a 3 layer cake (chocolate, coconut, chocolate) with chocolate buttercream icing and cream cheese icing. I have heard that boxed cake mixes are just as good as homemade so I have never bothered to make one from scratch... boy do I disagree with that! You will never catch me making a boxed mix again! We ate, played, opened presents, sang "Happy Birthday," and then moved our party outside. The weather was great this weekend! Not as hot as the 80 degree weather we had in Nashville 4 years ago on the day he was born... but the sun did shine and it was fair out. I really can't complain about that. After our friends left, Luke opened the rest of his presents and honestly loved every one. He and Ava played and played and played till bedtime, not stopping for snacks and barely ate dinner. It was a great day and it couldn't of been better. At bedtime, he put his "best" toys on his nightstand and told me he wanted to talk. He does that often at night and I love it. I take every opportunity for him to tell me whatever he has to stay because he doesn't dish very often. He told me about the day from start to almost finish and talked mostly about all of the wonderful gifts he had received and we talked about all of his friends and the ages they currently are. What a special little boy I have, Steve and I are truly blessed.
Luke was so funny... he loves his backpack on wheels from Nana so he brought it outside and wheeled it around all over. Typical Luke fashion :)
and I just realized that I did not get a family photo of all of us :(
and I just realized that I did not get a family photo of all of us :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment