Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Some Answers....

I have some answers from the doctor but I am still dreadfully scared.  This kind of stuff isn't suppose to happen to me.  I have always considered myself to be a healthy person.  I work out, eat healthy, I am not overweight, I am happy and I love my life.  I guess my big lessons to the kids and the reason I am blogging about this is because I want them to be healthy.  Down the road when they are actually taking care of themselves, I want them to make wise choices because no one is invincible, even though we may feel like we are sometimes.... especially as teenagers.

So here is what is going on with me.  They identified I have a couple big food allergies to Pork and Corn.  Corn is in everything.  My milder allergies are soybean and bakers yeast.  These of course are all of my favorite foods.  But who cares, it is just food so there are plenty other good things I can eat.  For a week now, I have eliminated these foods from my diet.  They say it takes several weeks for it to get out of your system.  My lymph nodes in my neck have stopped throbbing since last friday, the 27th.  I have pain in the right side of my chest and back which may or may not be anxiety.  My throat has a tickle. I go to an Infectious Specialist today and hopefully he can put together some of the pieces.

I found out yesterday that the CT scan I had last week revealed a distended right kidney, an enlarged ureter and multiple gall stones in my gall bladder.  I am meeting with a a urologist tomorrow to find out if I was born with a kidney like that or if there is something causing it to be like that.  I need to meet with a general surgeon for the gall bladder stuff.

I will update the blog as soon as I have news.

1 comment: