Monday, August 13, 2012

Discovery Park

We enjoyed the beautiful hot summer weather on Sunday when we went on a small hike in Discovery Park.  We have never been there before and we ventured out there with the Vickerman's.  Binny rode on Daddy's back in the ergo and the kids walked just about 2.6 miles round trip.  The views were gorgeous and Mommy was kicking herself that she forgot the camera battery.  I had to take pictures with phone camera's :(  Oh well, I captured the beauty as well as I could from a dirty smudgy lens.

We hiked down to the beach where the kids played in the driftwood forts and Sydney and I threw rocks in the Puget Sound.  On the way back, the kiddos were exhausted as they took turns with Mommy and Justin holding them on the way back but all in all I was so impressed with the distance they walked!  Ava loves Jamie and wanted to hold her hand or Justin's hand the whole time.... so cute :)  Afterwards, we hit Jamba Juice and the grocery store on the way home, grilled some brats and went to Baskin Robbins!  I love BUSY weekends!






No comments:

Post a Comment